I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Monday, December 6, 2010

HOME TOUR 2010 Part Five: Den and Trees # 9, 10 and 11

Welcome to our HOME TOUR Part Five!

If you missed Parts 1,2,3 and 4, Please click on the pics on my Side Bar to link to these posts!!

This is my Den.......


It originally was the outdoor patio of the house....



My Dad enclosed it, heated it , took out the Kitchen door and window and made it another room for us....


It became the Toy Room for the boys......
Now it is where one of my computers is located and where we spend drinking our coffee in the morning while catching up on the local news on the TV......



Since it was a patio, it is only 8 ft. by 20 ft.

Weird dimensions but you have to work with what you have!



Now I will take you around the room...


As you can see it has a Blue and Burgundy theme...
Every room of my home is a different color....


As you come out of the kitchen, going to the right........


My sister bought this for me the first Christmas without our Mom .....



This door is to a small storage room.....
Okay you know by now that I made the wreath and floral swags in this room too!

The Calendar is from Avon many years ago. My sons used it to count down the days til Christmas and I still do....


Have you noticed how much I like shelves.....


I have some Thomas Kinkade things and some that look like his, in this room....


Burgundy in this room!


One of my Santa's and one of my Dolls....



A Thomas Kinkade Music Box....


End tables were bought by Joe at a Church Flea Market for $6.00!!
Tiffany Lamp is from the Dining Room where that tree is now....






I love my " Believe " sign!! Do you Believe????



Some of my Victorian Tassel dolls......


My Back Door.....



Thomas Kinkade Four Season Plate Clock.......



And tree # 9!!!



I originally had the 7 ft. slim that is now in the Dining Room out here but when I had my doll house built, I had to change thins around.....

Thomas Kinkade house underneath the tree and a light up Dickens like town under the table.......

Those Santa boxes underneath the table house my Christmas Movie collection...


Vintage topper and pheasant feathers which were a popular Victorian decoration....


This tree has cream and burgundy colored ornaments along with Thomas Kinkade ornaments....



The beaded garland has a rose pattern embossed on it and I have burgundy roses stuffed into the tree...







For Tea Tuesday, see the Thomas Kinkade Tea Pots and Tea Cups......







Remember my Church Flea market find.....
All filled with Teddy Bears...



Where my computer is concealed and I do most of my posting....



These Christmas Carol figures came from a local department store many years ago....



Angels on the curtains....


This another set from Sam's Club....


Another Wreath I made....



This hides the computer cords!



My Victorian Doll house, Nelson Crest, is also decorated!!!




I will do a separate post showing you Nelson Crest....

This is tree # 10 that I made for Nelson Crest....



And here it is in the Parlor....



Den side of what was the kitchen window....


Tree # 11

I bought these ornaments at Micheal's several years ago and they remind me of my childhood and Christmas in the 60's so I thought they deserved a separate tree...


Some close ups......





The little girl on the sled is me as a kid...
We lived on a hill and I was always sleigh riding...
Just recently I realized that they must have NEVER taken care of that road since we used to sleigh ride so much!! LOL!!


My Thomas Kinkade Calendar with a different plate for each month.....



The inside of my hutch....


The little house were from Ollie's this year for $2.99 each!!




Underneath the Hutch....



Victorian doll and a Thomas Kinkade house inside the cloche....


My " Antique " toys...

This car is fiberoptic and was a gift from my sister!



On the door...


Another Santa....


And this is the first snow of the season for us....




That is my Den!

I am linking to these parties:

Blue Monday

Amaze Me Monday

Tabletop Tuesday

Tea Time Tuesday

Tea Cup Tuesday

All Things Merry and Brite

Deck the Halls @ Between Naps on the Porch

Deck the Halls Friday

Show and Tell Friday

Seasonal Sundays

Open House @ Coastal Charm

Christmas 2010 Tour of Homes

Hooked on Holiday House Tour

Share the Decor Party

and all the Christmas Blog Parties listed on my Side Bar!!

As part of my progressive tour, please click HERE to see my Kitchen!

Thanks for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to do so!!

Hugs,
Debbie

16 comments:

  1. Whew! I'm overwhelmed. I'll bet you have fun just sitting and looking around.


    Happy Blue Monday, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my very first time in your Den Debbie...I loved that framed pic and poem of your mom that your sister gave you..so precious..sigh. Everything is so beautiful..I love clicking on the pics to enlarge them and just stare,,LOL..I just sit,,and stare and stare. I get so many ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Debbie,
    that is so sad that you have to celebrate Christmas without your Mom but I think she will watch you from heaven. And she will probably like all the nice decorations and the lovely tribute to her.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWEE DEBBIE, EVERYTHING LOOKS GORGEOUS :) BOY IS YOUR HOME DECKED OUT :)

    XO~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, your den is as beautiful as the rest of your lovely home. I enlarge all the pics so I can look at all the pretty things. I say this in every tour comment but I am looking forward to the kitchen tour. I honestly do love looking at your beautiful home. You inspire me. We have frigid temps here and 4-5 inches of snow on the ground. Brr!! I don't mind winter but I do not like it when it gets this cold. It is hard on everything and everyone. I'll be back for the kitchen tour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photos. The dollhouse was really sweet. Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, your home is so festive! I can't believe how many trees you have!
    I love your pink doll house, all decorated for Christmas. And all your many holiday decorations too, all of them so lovely and set out so well.
    You must love the holiday season!
    Merry Christmas to you!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Everything looks so wonderful and beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Willow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your den looks great. I love the Thomas Kincade music box it is lovely! I love that you even decorated the doll house, cute!! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, this is just unreal. Everything is just stunning. So much gorgeous eye candy. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello...I'm participating in tea tuesday today..stop in if you can!

    your collections are bountiful, my dear! thanks for sharing!

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debbie,
    Wow! Wonderful decorations! I LOVE the TK ornaments especially! Thanks for sharing and for joining me for TTT once again.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember visiting a house like your when I was a child and it's one of the reasons why I love the holidays. Thank you for linking up to "Amaze Me Monday" blog party. I hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. my fave would be your Pink Doll House, Debbie! I want the same house too! teehee.. anyhow your home is pretty with Xmas vignettes.. love all your ornaments!.. thanks for sharing. have a good week!
    xo
    fitty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home looks lovely. I'll bet you and your guests never get tired of looking at everything.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the tea pots and tea cups. Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails