I Will Honour Christmas In My Heart

I will honour Christmas in my heart,
and try to keep it all the year.
I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future.
The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me.
I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!

~ Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Christmas in July!!

I couldn't stay away from my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas , for too long!!

Since it is almost July, it is time for Christmas in July!!

But first, here is my Patriotic tree which is in my Living Room and will stay up until September 11. To read the entire post , please click HERE


I accidently used this pic for Pink Saturday. I meant to use a pic of something else so please forgive me.....

Before I add some pics to my sidebar, I want to tell you a little about them.....

First I found 2 pics of me on Santa's lap as a child.




Unfortunately there were no dates on those but they had to be from the early 60's.....

Here are 2 pics taken in 1961......

This first one is my sister, Barbara and I in front of the manger scene in church.

I was 3 years old and she was 13 years old!


The second one is me and my brand new tricycle when I was 3 years old!!


This is the house that my Dad built when he returned from WWII. He made the Christmas figures outside the house... I lived there until I was 4 years old..

This is the house that he built in 1962. The figures came with us when we moved. I lived there until I got married....
Here is my house in 1984..
Notice the figures???

I used them for several years and then they started to fall apart. My nephew then took them to his new home in York, Pa. He fortified the backs and got several more years of use out of them.
They went through 3 generations.....


These pics are taken from Victorian Decorating and Life Style magazine, December /Jan. issue 1999.

I thought I would share these with you....

You can click on them twice to enlarge them to read....



What a staircase!!





A Victorian Christmas just speaks to me. It was during this period of time that most of our beloved Christmas traditions were created.

The Victorians loved ornaments.....



They loved to decorate with greenery....



And they decked their homes all out for the Holiday.....


Check out those stained glass windows....



I LOVE this Dining Room!!

Look at the red ceiling......


These next pics are of a beautiful home all decked out in mostly Pink, is from Victorian Decorating and Life Style magazine, Jan. 2001


Loving those pink chairs!!


Do you see the old Sewing Machine???


And so loving that stove!!!


I hope you enjoyed these photos. I have saved all of these beloved magazines since I feel that the ones out nowadays do not compare !!

I will be posting more great magazine photos through July so please come back for a visit!!

I am joined these great parties:

Vintage Thingie Thursday

Show and Tell Friday

Home Sweet Home Friday

Pink Saturday

Seasonal Sunday

Amaze Me Monday

Masterpiece Monday

Rednesday

Deck The Halls Friday!

Thanks for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit me!!

Hugs,
Debbie

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing some of your vintage goodies plus your family history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post!
    old pictures, beatiful historys.. sorry, I not speak English, cause I'm brazilian..

    Kisses..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb! Another wonderful post. Your pictures with Santa are such treasures of the heart. You and your sister look so pretty in front of the manger scene. Love your bonnet, so adorable! I just love seeing the old magazines. I always have to look and see if I still have them also. I did give lots of mine away. I had so many, I just could not store them. I will check to see if I have these. They looked familiar so if I don't have them, I am sure I did at one time. You are such a victorian girl, you go all out for Christmas. That is why I love your decorating so much! Thanks for the wonderful post! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post Debbie, I adore the photos of 60s so wonderful & the magazines just put a smile on my face. They reminded me of Meet Me In St Louis with Judy Garland (specially the one with the red sofa and stained glass window). Thank you for sharing them with us. Looking forward to your upcoming posts. If you do get a minute please stop by at christmasbelieve.

    Hugs

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun, fun, fun this was....can you believe how fast this year is flying by??? hard to believe....I love the photos the best that show the outside decorations...reminds me of my own house as a kid!! Happy VTT! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, I loved the old pictures...priceless! The magazine photos were beautiful! I enjoyed zooming in on every one of them too. It was like being right there in the decorated room. I also loved the red ceiling and the stained glass windows. My mother has a stove similar to the one in the magazine. She bought it in Amish country years ago. It looks great in her country house. Thanks for the great post and have a Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie!

    I just loved your nostalgic pictures of your childhood at Christmas. What beautiful treasures! Thank you so much for sharing them! They are really neat to see for those of us that weren't around during that time. I hope you have a happy Pink Saturday and a wonderful Independence Day!
    Love Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are killing me taking about Christmas when we are in a drought with over 100 degrees each day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, You have brought back yesteryear. Thx so much for reminding us how fun life was in easier times. Have a safe happy holiday

    HPS

    LL

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely tree.....
    and I love the old photos....they are great.
    Have a pinkishly beautiful Independence Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you used your Christmas decorations your Dad made Debbie. Christmas means so much to children, I often see families divide things from Grandparents and the first things to be spoken for are the treasured Christmas decorations. It is one of the things I remember most about my Grandma, she loved Christmas and loved to decorate for us. Your Dad dd a wonderful job on the houses too. Thanks for sharing this at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mandie,
    I loved your post.
    Hugs,
    Lila

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your Christmas in July sweet lady.
    Your tree is Beautiful~~~ you did a Great job putting it altogether for the 4th. Im your newest folllower on your Blog.
    I hope you have a Great Day Mandie.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!
However if you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, You have forced me to now moderate ALL comments so do NOT even try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails